CoreBass™ Pear is an upright bass sample library for KONTAKT 4 / 5, and a new standard for highly-realistic, playable upright bass samples. Using KONTAKT's powerful scripting engine, CoreBass Pear intelligently interprets the input from your MIDI controller (or sequenced MIDI data) in order to produce realistic upright bass tracks.
CoreBass Pear has many features which set it apart from other upright bass sample libraries. For example, CoreBass Pear includes a fretless slide technology which allows you to seamlessly slide from one note to any other at any speed. It also debuts our new Dynamic Key Color system, which lets you see which MIDI notes are being played by which strings on the bass--directly on your KONTAKT keyboard!
The library was sampled both using a mic and directly from the output of the bass pickup--two separate signals which can be mixed to create a variety of different upright bass tones. CoreBass Pear includes a variety of different ready-to-use presets.
- 300 MB of 24-bit samples, compressed in KONTAKT's lossless NCW format for additional memory efficiency.
- Individually sampled strings with full sustain and natural decay.
- Legato articulations from hammer-ons to pull-offs as well as the ability to seamlessly slide from one note to any other.
- Separate mic and DI signals, giving you tonal versatility.
- 2x round-robin samples.
- Harmonics, string slaps, mutes, and other special effects.
- Adjustable pre-pluck noises for added realism in the attack of the notes.
This product requires a total of 284 MB of free disk space in order to download and install the sample library. The total size of the download is 140 MB, and after installed the library occupies 144 MB.
The sample library requires the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2 or greater, and it is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.
Stand-alone, VST, Audio Units, ASIO, Core Audio, WASAPI, AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
Mac OS X 10.6.8, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM
Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2, 2 GB RAM